Saturday 1 October 2011

Budget Cosmetics ♥


Maybelline 'Fit Me'
Makeup Collection
Part 1

As I'm always trying new makeup products out, & every girl loves a bargain, I thought I would try Maybelline's new collection 'Fit Me' & give it my review.

At first I was hesitant as the foundation felt a little watery, which would decrease longevity, but to my surprise it lasted for hours, although I was using a primer. The second time I tested the foundation, I was in such a rush & I couldn't find my primer, so I used my normal moisturizer, & was so happy with the results, I had to purchase the entire range... In saying that, the entire range was the same cost for one Chanel or Mac foundation, so I was pretty happy. 

I was also happy with how many shades of foundation there are, especially as Australia doesn't seem to get the entire shade spectrum that Maybelline has to offer. Oh & I love the modern-chic black packaging!


The collection has 18 shades of foundation, 6 shades of concealers, 12 blushes & 3 bronzers. Something that will suit every skin tone at a bargain price

Foundation 

The shade numbers begin in the 100s for lightest skin & go to 300s for darkest skin, which makes it easy to find the right shade. It's weightless & is so light that I didn't feel like I was wearing any foundation, I even went out & bought my mum one because I know she dislikes the feel of foundation... & she loved it! 
  
My winter shade #220 Natural Beige
My summer shade #230 Natural Buff
The coverage is light to medium, leaves your skin looking dewy & natural. Has no waxes or oils, is non-comedogenic, & dermatologist-tested. Great for all skin types; for oily skin, come summer you may need to powder your T-section a little more, but overall I think it 's a winner  for everyone who wants to look amazing for $18.95.


Oh & another great thing about the 'Fit Me' range, once you have chosen your foundation shade number, all you have to do is simply match your foundation number to the concealers & powders; which certainly makes life easier then having to guess what shades to buy.

'Fit Me' Foundation Shade Spectrum
Application: Apply foundation to T-Zone first, then blending out, using either a foundation brush or your fingertips; if you're wondering, when I apply my foundation I first use a foundation brush (I will blog about makeup tools & where to buy them shortly), then using my fingertips, I massage the foundation into my skin lightly, as the heat will help you blend easier. I do this so the foundation doesn't look like it's sitting on top of my skin.

You can find Maybelline 'Fit Me' Foundation from Priceline, Woolworths, Coles, & most pharmacies. You can also purchase it for a great low price on Amazon.com

So if you're looking for a bargain & a new foundation or an entire makeup collection, I recommend you try this out for yourself. If you have any makeup questions, please leave me a comment below.

More Maybelline 'Fit Me' pruduct reviews to come soon


By Peta-Lea Bond



No comments:

Post a Comment