Saturday 1 October 2011

Budget Cosmetics ♥


Maybelline 'Fit Me'
Makeup Collection
Part 2
 
So continuing on from my Maybelline 'Fit Me' Makeup Collection Part 1 review, I'm happy to say that I liked all the products the 'Fit Me' collection has to offer. Who doesn't love a bargain? But there is a fine line between a bargain & cheap/nasty makeup products. Fortunately, this range has a high quality feel. The only issue I encountered was the poor pigment in the blusher (more about that later on). So my journey begins...

Concealers

Fit Me Concealer #20 Sand
OK, so I was at the pharmacy the other day &  Maybelline 'Fit Me' collection had 'buy a foundation & receive a free concealer' deal; obviously I had no choice but to purchase it. The concealer was worth $14.95, but i got it free!!

I use concealer a lot; not only because it's great for hiding flaws, it's also gentler around your eye area then foundation (most foundations have SPF, some women ask why foundation hurts around the eyes... well this is the reason). I use it as a touch up during the day, especially around my eye area for when I'm feeling tired.

Described as 'flawless that lets the real you come through', i think it's a pretty accurate description for this bargain concealer. My skin breathed & looked natural, it made my imperfections vanish, & what I liked best is that they actually had concealer shades for people that are tanned; I often see women wearing a concealer that's way too light for them, & frequently wonder if this is due to poor makeup skills with not enough knowledge, or simply because the diversity of shades just aren't on the market.
The coverage is light to medium & leaves skin looking natural & youthful, has no waxes or oils, is non-comedogenic, & dermatologist-tested. Great for all skin types. If you're looking for a more air-brushed look, then I would probably get a heavier/thicker concealer.

Application: Once you have your 'Fit Me' foundation number or your normal foundation, apply sparingly using the doe-foot applicator, dot concealer onto imperfections & around eyes (remember less is more), pat with finger to blend. 

Compact Pressed Powders

Fit Me Pressed Powder #230 Natural Buff
Purchase at Amazon.com
Besides the foundation I think this is my favorite product. I do love a good compact powder as they are so handy & they come with a convenient mirror. The over-powdering look is terrible, so please don't over powder. I want to look my age, so in my books powder is used for setting purposes more so then full coverage. However, if I don't have foundation on me I will use powder to even out my complexion, using concealer for blemishes & under the eye area.

EcoTools Bamboo Bronzer Brush
Once you have your foundation shade number all you have to do is match that up with the pressed-powder shade number, & you automatically have a powder that suits your skin tone. I like to have 2 powders for myself, a lighter one & a darker one.. skin color is always changing. Leaves your skin flawless, fresh & natural, has no waxes or oils, is non-comedogenic, & dermatologist-tested, this powder is a keeper for me.
  
EcoTools Finishing Kabuki Brush
Application: after you've applied your foundation & concealer, using a powder brush apply to T-Zone, centre of forehead, & chin, using gentle pressing movements. 

Note: always apply liquid based makeup products before you powder!

My favorite powder brushes are from EcoTools, their Finishing Kubuki Brush & Bamboo Bronzer brush range from $16.95 - $20.00. You can purchase these from Priceline or online. EcoTool brushes are soft & cruelty-free taklon bristles which gives a light finish.


Blush

Fit Me Blush
I was hoping to love this product but I only like it. There are so many blush shades out there that I thought just maybe (their shade spectrum is pretty good) it could be my new blush for this summer. The shade I bought was #106 Light Nude, which is typically a color that I wear all the time (apricot/peach/nude/skin color) but unfortunately the pigment wasn't there. It takes so many brush strokes to work up a color, which is really just putting more powder on your skin, leaving you looking aged & over-powdered. 

In saying that, I still love the shade & the feel but for me I probably wont be purchasing it again... however, I will buy another one just to check mine wasn't faulty or out of date. Maybelline promises that it is fade-proof. Even though I had to over apply it, it did last for ages. No waxes or oils, is non-comedogenic, & dermatologist-tested.

Application: For a soft, natural look apply using a blush/bronzer brush, from the apples of your cheeks to  your temples, sweeping upwards. Note: Never smile when applying blush, as this will make your face look aged & your cheeks will appear sunken.

Bronzer

Fit Me Bronzer
I haven't tested this product yet, but judging by the blushers pigment I can only assume that the bronzer will either have no pigment or be orange-pigmented; obviously hoping it's amazing though. I will however test the bronzer out & do a review for you soon.

If you have tried this bronzer, or any of the above products please leave a comment below. I would love to hear your thoughts on the new Maybelline 'Fit Me' Collection.


♥  Bronzer review to come...till next time xo


By Peta-Lea Bond 
Makeup Artist 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment